- This is an Online race/challenge. An Online race/challenge allows you to join and run anywhere in the world with a GPS-enabled running app or tracker.
- Complete the challenge from 4 October 2018 (World Animal Day) 00:00 to 11 October 2018, 23:59
- Last submission on 11 October 2018, Thursday (23:59) GMT+08
- Change of category, refund and/or transfer is strictly not allowed after registration
- All nationalities are welcome to join this challenge
- For overseas participant, you can also participate in this challenge, however you would need to purchase the add-on shipping fee for the entitlement
- All GPS-based running app are accepted.
- Complete the challenge (clock the category distance) in a single or multiple times based on the category during the qualifying period
- Please ensure that the date, time and total distance including the GPS route is clearly indicated in your submitted result screenshots. Any missing details will render your submission to be ineligible for the entitlement
- Any breach or failing to adhere to the rules of the challenge will resulted in no entitlement being awarded with no refund
1. When will I receive my finisher medal?
Medal will be posted on the first business days after the race ends.
- For Singapore, estimated delivery time is 5-7 working days.
- For other countries, it may take up to 10 - 21 working days. Depending on the country.
2. How much is the shipping/delivery fee?
We offer FREE delivery to Singapore. For Malaysia, the shipping fee is a flat rate of S$4.99. For other countries, the shipping fee is a flat rate of S$9.99.
3. How to submit my results?
You will be able to submit your result in your Spacebib profile dashboard under the event name once the race period opens.
4. Can I walk/hike or climb the stairs?
Yes, any walking/running activities can be counted. (That includes climbing stairs) Cycling/Biking or using any mobility device is not allowed.
5. What Running app/Fitness tracker or wearable can I use?
Any GPS-based running apps, running gadgets, smartwatches and indoor treadmills are accepted as long it can track your distance, time, location and date of your activity unless specifically indicated.
E.g: Nike+ Run Club, Strava, MapMyRun, Runkeeper, Endomondo, Runtastic. No pedometers, stepometers etc.
6. Can I run on a treadmill or indoors?
Yes, running on a treadmill is allowed but no encouraged. Please provide your distance and timing of your run by taking a photo of the display screen on your treadmill. Running indoors is allowed if your GPS running app can track your result.
In Support of World Animal Day
Mission: To raise the status of animals in order to improve welfare standards around the globe.
To achieve this, we encourage animal welfare organisations, community groups, youth and children’s clubs, businesses and individuals to organise events in celebration of World Animal Day. Involvement is growing at an astonishing rate and it's now widely accepted and celebrated in a variety of different ways in many countries, with no regard to nationality, religion, faith or political ideology.
Participation in World Animal Day will continue to grow until it reaches and connects animal advocates in all corners of the world. It's something that everyone can join in with, whether they are part of an organisation, group, or an individual.
For every participant who completes the Run For Animals Challenge 2018 of any category, Spacebib will donate S$1 to ACRES in support for their noble cause.
Our Mission: To create a caring and socially responsible society where animals are treated as sentient beings.
ACRES is an animal protection organisation, driven by our concern for animals. We adopt research projects on the use of animals in various fields. Research findings are then used to educate the public to promote active community involvement in the animal protection movement, as well as strive towards synergistic partnerships with authorities and related parties.
We strongly believe in promoting community involvement in addressing animal protection issues and in building partnerships with all related bodies to improve animal welfare.