Do note that 3 March 2018 is for PowerKIDS and 4 March 2018 is for Powerman Classics and Powerman Short.
Event Tee Size Chart
Type of Bikes Allowed
Where and when will the Powerman Asia Duathlon Championships - Malaysia be held?
- PowerKIDS will be held on Saturday, 3 March 2018.
- PowerKIDS Bike Check-in will take place on Saturday, 3 March 2018, at the Transition Area in Dataran Putrajaya from 6:30AM – 7:45AM.
- Powerman will be held on Sunday, 4 March 2018.
- Bike Check-in will take place on Saturday, 3 March 2018, at the Transition Area in Dataran Putrajaya from 1:00PM – 6:00PM.
What bikes are allowed on the race course?
- Road, Mountain, Triathlon, Time Trial, Cyclocross, Touring, Flat-Bar Road, Hybrid & Performance Hybrid Bicycles are ALLOWED on the race course.
- Other types of bikes, including, but not limited to, Fixed Gear (fixie), Folding, Electric, Electric Hybrid, Cruiser, City, BMX, Recumbent, Tandem bikes are NOT ALLOWED on the racecourse.
- PowerKIDS under the age of 8 years are allowed bicycles with training wheels and the company of 1 parent/guardian during the whole duration of the race.
- To have a clearer understanding of the type of bike you have, kindly please refer to http://centurycycles.com/buyers-guides/bicycle-types-how-to-pick-the-best-bike-for-you-pg9.htm.
- Kindly please contact us if you are unsure. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify a participant if an unsuitable bicycle is used for the event.
Is there a cut-off time for the event?
|Cut-off Time||6 Hours for all category|
|Cut-off Time for Bike Leg||12 pm for all categories|
Is drafting allowed?
No, race drafting is NOT ALLOWED for all Powerman events, participants caught drafting will be disqualified. Please refer below for Powerman drafting rules.
- Cycle in a ‘single file’.
- While cycling, athletes are supposed to cycle in one line (to the utmost left side of the track) with the prescribed distance between them.
- No fellow athlete may be hindered.
- Hindering happens when overtaking a fellow athlete and putting him/her in a drafting/stayer position. The person who overtakes is responsible to observe the rules. When the overtaker is not able to pass, he/she may not cut in but has to maintain a distance of at least 10 m from the cyclist in front.
- In the former rules the responsibility was for the person that was overtaken.
- Hinderer may be punished by a ‘stop and go’ penalty/ or black box.
- The person who overtakes has to go at least 3-5 m to the right. This depends on the width of the road.
Do I need to check-in my cycling and running gear before the race?
- Bicycle Check-in will be COMPULSORY. Running and cycling accessories may be brought into the transition area on the morning of the race.
- Bicycle Check-in will be from 1pm – 6.00pm on 3 March 2018, Saturday at the Transition Area in the Race Village Putrajaya.
Can I use audio devices during the race?
Personal audio devices are NOT ALLOWED on any part of the racecourse. Participants will be enalised for using any audio devices during the race.
How many members should a relay team have? Will there be a different category for 2-person and 3-person relay team?
Relay teams may be consist of a 2-person or a 3-person relay team. All participants regardless of the number of team members and gender will compete in the same category.
Will I receive a Finisher Token upon race completion?
Yes, Finisher Token will be presented to participants who have completed the individual race during the stipulated time. This is only applicable for participant under the Individual Classic and Individual Short Category. Team Relays for both Classic and Shirt are not applicable to this entitlement.
Where are the Aid Stations?
Aid Stations for the run course will be spaced between 1km or 2km intervals on the run course.
Aid Station for the bike course will be approximately 15km from the start line.
Will there be bike mechanics to help us along the racecourse?
Bike mechanics are not allowed to assist participants during the race. Participants are advised to be prepared to perform basic mechanical services on their own such as flat tire changing.
Should the participant wish to retire from the race, there will be support busses to pick up stranded participants starting from an hour before the cut off time which will operate at half hourly intervals. The support vehicles may be delayed due to unforeseen circumstances, participants must be prepared to wait for the vehicle’s arrival should a delay occur.